On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 2:05 AM, Jiri Dolezal
<computer.resea...@centrum.cz> wrote:
>> Is a standard 7-pin DIN connector as used for MIDI
>
> Midi?
> Standard MIDI connector is 5 pin/180 degrees.
>
>> suitable for the QL
>> video socket? I want to make a composite video cable...
>
> QL video socket is 8 pin.
> For composite video, 3 pin DIN will be OK (uses only 2 pins), but for RGB,
> you need one pin in the centre for blue (vhich 7 pin DIN has not).

I can feed an LCD TV with a composite video signal, but it won't scan
15KHz RGB AFAIK... I'm just trying to work out the correct plug as I
found numerous different angle spacings of DIN socket, and am not sure
which ones'll line up so I can do the composite pins.

Dave