On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Dave Park <plasticu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 2:05 AM, Jiri Dolezal
> <computer.resea...@centrum.cz> wrote:
>>> Is a standard 7-pin DIN connector as used for MIDI
>>
>> Midi?
>> Standard MIDI connector is 5 pin/180 degrees.
>>
>>> suitable for the QL
>>> video socket? I want to make a composite video cable...
>>
>> QL video socket is 8 pin.
>> For composite video, 3 pin DIN will be OK (uses only 2 pins), but for RGB,
>> you need one pin in the centre for blue (vhich 7 pin DIN has not).
>>

> I can feed an LCD TV with a composite video signal, but it won't scan
> 15KHz RGB AFAIK... I'm just trying to work out the correct plug as I
> found numerous different angle spacings of DIN socket, and am not sure
> which ones'll line up so I can do the composite pins.
>
> Dave

I have heard there is a simple "colour composite video mod" but after
extensive googling I have not found it. Does anyone have details of
this mod, to get me through until I can locate a working old school
TTL RGB monitor?

I have restarted work on a couple of games I was writing before the
heatwave and drought made it too pleasant to be outside ;)

Dave