On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Tony Firshman <t...@firshman.co.uk> wrote:

> Now that is interesting.  I run a Linux server full time.
> Mind you the *whole* point really about shuttung down QBBS is to save
> power (8-)#
> I reckon as noone calls the BBS, what is the point.
> OK access would be 'free', but I reckon there still would be no users.
> Chat here has taken over, and Dilwyn has files for download.

That's true.  Still. there are a few of us nostalgics who "dial up" bbs's
now and again.  Believe it or not, Synchronet is a "modern" BBS which is
still under development as is Renegade BBS and one other Commodore BBS (I
forget the name of right now).

> I really have given up QL activities, or am trying to!
> If anyone wanted to run QBBS, I would happily give them the files.

I'd definitely be interested if no one else would.  I have a QXL setup but
not much of a standard QL setup for the moment.  I was strongly thinking of
running pbox under emulation on a pogoplug.

> Nothing effectively.  It simply uses my existing second business line,
> which is staying.

Ah, right, it was a power savings thing, not a cost of line thing.  I
definitely get that :)  Did I mention I like the 4W pogoplugs and other ARM
devices?