> Guys, I feel it would be remiss not to mention that owning the book (which I
> do)
> is one thing, however obtaining an electronic version from somebody else may
> indeed break copyright especially if the copyright owner has not yet agreed
> to this,
> however I do not know enough about copyright to positively state one way or
> the other.
>
> Lee Privett
Good point, Lee.

What I had in mind was to enable Quanta to have an electronic copy if
permission to freely distribute it is not forthcoming, as seems the case.

Years ago Quanta arranged a reprint but once those paper copies sold out I'm
not sure if we've ever been able to ascertain if the original permission only
applied to that particular batch reprinted or if ongoing.

What throws a fly in the ointment is that Javier Guerra in Spain said he'd had
permission to make it available as a PDF through his website on a
not-for-profit basis - again I don't know the details, although I helped put
him in touch with her at the time.

The reason I asked for Tim's electronic copy was to quickly enable it to become
available quickly if permission for free non-profit distribution came about, or
as a fallback that Quanta could seek to renew the original agreement and make
it available on CD or as an eBook, depending on what we could agree with Jan
Jones and/or the original publisher as appropriate. Either way, we would have
the text ready to move quickly if permission was forthcoming.