Interestingly the new iPhone 5 has an app called Panorama designed to
continuously take very wide pictures while you move the camera/phone and
automatically stitches the slices together using sophisticated software to
remove artefacts etc.

Editor
----QUANTA----
The QL Users And Tinkerers Association