> I use a µHDMI-to-full adapter that I got from Amazon plus some standard,
> unmodified HDMI and USB cables.
>
> If you ask Google for "Atrix Dock Raspberry Pi" there's lots of references.
So how did you connect yours exactly. I am unclear how you got power and usb. I
thought hdmi was just video.

Tony

Tony,
that was probably a bit misleading. I used the how-to as of here (Sorry, in
German, in the customer feedback section):
http://www.amazon.de/Motorola-A-860LAPDOCK-DE3A-Atrix-Netbook-Dock/dp/B004ZB8SYU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357725324&sr=8-2

In a nutshell, the dock seems to detect the presence of a device through the
HDMI port. If it doesn't detect anything there, it won't power its USB
ports/Hub and screen. Some of the HDMI cables don't seem to connect all the
necessary pins.

I use a micro-HDMI (female) to HDMI (male) adapter I got from Amazon (The dock
has a _male_ µHDMI)
Those are hard to find and I can't find the one I have any more on amazon.de.

This needs a bit of twiddling and a file to be able to get it where it belongs.
Maybe another (smaller) adapter would fit better.
From there i used a standard HDMI cable to the RPi. (This is something I'd like
to change sooner or later - It's just too much cable and adapter stuff hanging
around)

From what I read through the internet, only the newer RPis (those without the
polyfuses) will accept to be powered through their main USB ports. Mine does.
When connected through the (standard, not the micro) USB ports, my RPI comes up
and runs. Older RPis would need to be powered through their micro USB connector
- Here you need a spliced cable from the USB port of the dock to both the RPis
USB hub and its power connector.

There's still a bit of tweaking to be done, as the RPi won't power down when
the dock is, and currently it re-sets whin I close the dock's lid, HDMI sound
is not working (yet), but that's minor issues I might or might not fix.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Tobias