> For those of us who are unfamiliar with T87, is there some (short)
> example document and the ASCII of the text contained?
>
> Graeme
The drivers_info_t87 file supplied with it states that the sources for the
printer drivers were not included on the disk for lack of space but were
available on request from the author Fred Toussi. I'm not in contact with him
now, but if anyone did go to the trouble of getting these from him, it might
possibly help I suppose.

There is some information at the end of the above file:

STRUCTURE OF PRINTER DRIVERS

Each printer driver file consists of tables of numbers and strings and a small
amount of machine code.  The supplied files vary in size.  The Assembly
Language source code for the driver files is available separately from
Software87.  Some of the source code files are for more than one printer
driver. Modifying the driver files requires the use of an assembler to
re-assemble the modified source file.  Modification can be very simple, as in
the case of changing a number representing the pitch of a daisywheel, or more
complex when a printer with a completely different standard is aimed at.  With
many Epson compatible dot-matrix printers, the width tables for proportionally
spaced characters are different from those of the Epson printers for which
there is a driver.  This means that when proportional spacing is used within a
line, that line may not justify correctly.  The width tables within the printer
driver should be modified for correct justification.

The source listings are in the form of _T91 or _T87 documents.  Extensive
comments on the structure of the printer driver files can be found in the LX800
file.  Once modifications have been made, driver files must be |Export|ed using
the |Ascii| command to make them readable by assemblers.  The SINCLAIR Macro
Assembler or Assembler (written by GST) can be used for assembling the printer
drivers.  The Macro Assembler can be purchased from QUANTA.

I have a working Text 87 (thanks to Marcel for the patch program) so could
export the data to help anyone prepared to look into this if we can find these
sources.

As it is, I’ll privately send you some Text87 files to experiment with along
with exported ascii text to compare. I’ve not looked at it myself, but I
suspect that with all the options such as proportional spacing etc etc Text 87
has to handle it might be a very complex file format.

Dilwyn

-----
No virus found in this message.