Sorry Francois, this solution does not work or, rather, does not do what it
takes to me.
the two values that returns are the current size to me instead need to know
what 's the minimum possible size of a menu.
This information must be somewhere, because when seeking to reduce the size
of the finetra never goes below a certain extent.

Giorgio