Sorry if several half complete emails came through from me just now, Yahoo Mail
seems to randomly send emails when I try to edit a reply this morning, so I'll
start afresh with a new blank message.
The Tyche ROM was the last QL ROM developed, but it wasn't for the QL strictly
speaking, it was for an unreleased derivative in the final days before the sale
to Amstrad. It includes the copyright message 'Copyright 1985 Sirius
Cybernetics' (whoever they were).
David Westbury made a ROM listing and notes on new commands etc in Tyche, which
are available on my website at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/qlrom/tycheasm.zip
According to Wikipedia:
Tyche (English: /ˈtaɪki/; from Greek: Τύχη, meaning "luck"; Roman equivalent:
Fortuna) was the presiding tutelary deity that governed the fortune and
prosperity of a city, its destiny. She is the daughter of Aphrodite and Zeus or
Hermes.
Since some of the same people may have been involved in the development of both
the Tyche ROM and the Hermes chip and the Minerva ROM, the link of Greek/Roman
deity names is apparent.
The Minerva ROM is not a Sinclair development, rather it was developed by
Laurence Reeves, Jonathan Oakley and Stuart McKnight at QView well after the
days of Sinclair, later sold by Tony Firshman at TF Services. QView amusingly
referred to themselves as The QView International Megacorporation or something
like that at one time IIRC.
Dilwyn