Hi,

Possibly true - although if an IP address can be classified as personal data or a factor specific to the identity of that natural person, I am sure an email address can be.  I forget all of the mailing list commands, but there used to be one where you could get a list of email subscribers, and of course the online archive still contains past messages, including where people may have entered their name, website, or address as part of their signature.

There is then no way to exercise the right to be forgotten.

Presumably the software behind the mailing list will itself be updated at some point

Maybe.

If ALL you have is a list of email addresses, I'd tend to think that this information by itself is not something with which a person can be identified.

I certainly didn't give any other information than than hen suscribing - after all, all it took was to send an email to the list maintainer.

I'm not aware of an online archive. Is that maintained by the owner of the list?

Wolfgang