Op 6/11/2021 om 21:03 schreef pjwitte via Ql-Users:
Ive just "upgraded" to Windows 11, as I didnt want to get caught out again being forced into a paid upgrade - or risk being saddled with an unsupported older version of Windoze. (Oh do I hate "upgrades", when all I want is for things to get fixed, and incremental improvements that relate to things I actually find useful!)  As usual, the wise guys at M$ have, for their own ineffable reasons, re-arranged the furniture to no discernable purpose, other than, no doubt,
to leverage their colonisation of my privacy.

At least one of their insane "improvements" is to move the keyboard language indicator, which was happily situated on the task bar/system tray, into its own blob on the screen. I need to switch keyboard layouts as I type in different languages, and not having an indicator is as bad, or worse, than not having a capslock indicator. (But at least on my "QL" I can fix the latter myself!)

The problem is that *this blob shines through* in QPC2 and SMSQmulator's full
screen mode! (I never think of my QL as just another Windows "app"!) In
SMSQmulator its a dud, ie its not clickable, but in QPC2 the blob is active and hostile. Yet the last thing one wants in an emulator is some other system's
active control shining through, messing up one's display where it has no
business!

Some Windows and Web movie applications in full screen mode manage to blot out the blob, but others dont/cant. But that must mean that it is possible at least.

Any tips or suggestions as to how this may be dealt with are welcome! Im new to W11, so perhaps I just havent found the way to put the indicator back where it belongs - visible, but out of the way when you dont want it. (And why they hell
did they take away Toolbars!)

Per

Hi Per,

Can't help you here as I'm still using W7. Installing QPC2 /Smsqmulator  on a Linux machine could solve your problem( at least temporary). Not difficult, even I could do it.

Wolfgang and Marcel could have a look at it.

BTW: thanks for the treasures I found on Knoware.

Have  a fine day.

François Van Emelen