On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 at 21:22:23, Dilwyn Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
.uk> wrote:
(Ref: <005401c0914c$2f3ddfa0$ef065cc3@default>)

>I had reason to fire up my MinisQL tonight for the first time in a
>long time. The reason was: I needed an 'old' system. I was trying to
>copy a disk with CHR$(0) in the filename and of course SMSQE sees this
>as a DOS disk filename separator or something and gets totally
>confused finding it on a QL system. OK, no problem, fire up the
>MinisQL with QDOS to copy and rename the files, then find that the
>floppy disk drive does not work. The power is getting to it, but no
>drive light, no files listed (on any floppy disk!). Anyone got any
>idea what might be wrong - the system is Aurora, Super Gold Card,
>Qubide 2.1, Mplane...
>
>Not that expensive to find a new drive of course, but if anyone has
>any suggestions to save a few pounds! (The rest of the MinisQL works
>OK, just can't get the floppy drive to work).
I assume you have made sure the ribbon cable is OK?  Try pushing the
cable in and out to clean the connections (both ends).

Does the drive motor start at all?

--
           QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.firshman.demon.co.uk