On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 at 21:15:19, Peter S Tillier
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(Ref: <007201c09b82$3c824d00$5c16989e@btclick>)

> [...]
Yep - I can't read the QL Toady disk using qemulator under W98 with 1.4k
drive in the bios settings.

Qemulator pops up a Window saying just this

and adds:
There is no known software remedy for this.
You can still try to read, but you are likely to get random garbage
instead of part of the data, as the effect of the Win98 bug is that when
trying to read data from the second side if the disk, a random sector of
the first side is read instead.

If you know how to set up a PC, you can try to temporarily change the
floppy disk type the match the type of QL floppies you are using.
This is spot on, 'cos changed to 720k (bios settings of course) and the
non-working QL Toady Turbo disk sprang to life.

Phoebus - you could also be right, but a simple read error is flagged as
such by qemulator.
--
           QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.firshman.demon.co.uk