I've been asked to update Screen Snatcher 2 (see Dilwyn's web site) so that
it works properly on the new hardware. (haven't I Malcolm ?)
I've been looking into ti, and although I correctly obtain the base address
of the screen (thanks to DJToolkit !), I always extract 32Kbytes of memory
from that point onwards.
This means that on a QXL/QPC/Q40 ??? I am not snatching the full screen.

I am now looking for a method that allows me to interrogate the SCREEN width
and depth(ie not an opened channel width & depth - which I can easily get
from the channel definition block), but those defined as being the maximum
allowable for any channel being opened to the screen (ie CON_ or SCR_).

I know that SMSQ has a function to return something like what I want, but I
would still like the program to run on the original black box QLs as well -
without having two versions of the program.

Anyone got any ideas ?

TIA.

Norman.

PS. MAX_CON in DJToolkit isn't what I'm looking for :o)

----
Norman Dunbar           EMail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Database/Unix administrator     Phone:  0113 289 6265
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.     Fax:    0113 201 7265
----