At 22:39 12/08/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>Quick question: Can anyone remember what year QL User merged with QL World
>and became the latter?

February 1986 and earlier, the magazine front cover stated
"Sinclair's Supermicro  QL User" (I only have June 1985 et seq, so
cannot say when the magazine started; they didn't bother with little
niceties as volume number or issue). In March 1986, the front cover
became "Sinclair QL World Incorporating QL User" (no more "Sinclair's
Supermicro"). It continued that way through 1986 and January 1987.
In February 1987, the "incorporating ..." was dropped and the
magazine proclaimed itself as exclusively "Sinclair QL World" for the
first time.

>Also, was there a September 198? issue, and which was it (QLU or QLW)?

Yes.  September 1985.  QLU.  September 1986 & later: QLW.  Don't know
about September 1984.