Dear Marcel

Thanks for pointing out that all the information about dos was available, I
get a black mark for not finding that.

You ask about qxl.win in dos2_ . Well it was not there so I load it into D:
via windows. Now looking at dos2_ directory I see qxl.win. However, now
when I look at win2_ I do not see qxl.win but all the files I had loaded
before the great crash.

In other words, my problem is solved.

Gosh it feels good to have solved a nagging problem thanks to expert
suggestions. Not sure I understand it all, but it works. Probably obvious
to all but me.

Lots of cheer,

Ian Pizer, 49 ch. Machery, 1292 Chambesy, Geneva, Switzerland.
e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] tel.41227581410
AKA [EMAIL PROTECTED]