In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Fabrizio
Diversi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>If someone can help me will appreciated.
>I am moving all my old programs still on microdrive or
>FD to the HD of my QPC and Q40, to do this and make
>the programs working i am using the dev_use facility.
>It seems that the dev driver does not work, example :

Another way to make the software work is to edit the 'boot' file for the
software being used ( most programs have one ! ).

Usually you will find it has a dedicated line, or two, that has a
specific device in it, e.g, 'mdv1_' of 'flp1_'.

Simply change any references to what you want to have ... e.g. lrun
win1_games_name_of_prog_I_want

... and save the newly altered 'boot' file to your hard disk directory.

This way you have a dedicated 'boot' file version, and you can forget
about anything more complex; and you never have to think about it again.

This what I do for the majority of my QL software on hard drive with
QPC2.

--
Malcolm Cadman