Hi all,
back AT LAST and with a TRUCK LOAD of messages to read :-) (You've been
busy huh?)
First of all a Happy New Year to everyone and 100 New Years to our QLs :-)
I'm just beginning to recover from a MAJOR crash (hehe Windows :-) which
left me with no computer for about 2 weeks more or less...
The lesson? (As in the Subject line...) NEVER EVER EVER downgrade from
Windows NT/2K to Windows ME... I did it after I bought my last mainboard a
little while back and I ended up without my main QXL.WIN file (which means
ALL of my PFF fonts are gone... (Not for long I am building them again) ALL
of my work on the GUI routines gone bye-byes (hehe Pennsylvanian English
DON'T SHOOT) and my computer a mess). At least I didn't lose the new Q40
website (at LAST Peter.... hold on you'll get it in a couple of days
amended as per Claus' wishes and with the new stuff you put in (I just read
your email concerning Q60 production... Congrats ! )

Some news....
I have the first definite Win version of Malcolm Lear's BMP2PIC (I'll send
the download link to anybody that wants it)

Also if Dilwyn wants to put up the version I sent him a little while
back..... Please do so :-)

  (Caution: it exists in two versions: One with complete setup and all VB6
runtimes plus a couple more dlls and one without (for the ones that already
have another VB program). Also full source code for anyone that wants it.

Features this version: 1. EXTREMELY fast conversion (Uses Text methods
instead of Binary input since VB's binary import is worse than Lbytes on an
unexpanded QL ;-)))) )
2. More tight checks than M.L's QL counterpart
3. Full GUI

New Features (I already have the sources but need some work and I haven't
gotten around re-installing Visual Studio):

1. Batch convert
2. Conversion regardless of Source>Target Resolution match..... (In short
if the output resolution is higher, there will be a border around (with
custom colour thank you very much ;-) and if it's smaller it will be cropped
3. Conversion (and batch as well) to Mode 4 (I amended Malcolm's code to
create files for higher resolutions as well (see also above)
4. Auto renaming on clashing filenames
5. Connection with my HTML Web catalog maker so it will be able to convert
a catalog for use with "The Reader"  ;-))))  (BTW: The SMSQ version is
coming up nicely allthough I got stuck in the absurd amount of variables
needed. (The PC version uses more or less 550 variables !!!! (And these are
only the global ones)
6. Help :-))))

I also have some questions for the nth time(This is getting long I know but
Nasta is away, therefore someone has to be long in this list :-) )
concerning the Q40/60 high colour modes format. In short in order to make
the BMP2PIC program work with Q40 I'll need the internal format (once more
I know :-))) unless BGIMAGE does that automa(ti)(gi)cally ?????

Anyways,

Have a happy new year and....(In heavy Austrian Accent)

I'll be BACK! (soon)

Phoebus