On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Norman Dunbar wrote:

> This email is intended only for the use of the addressees named above and
> may be confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not an addressee you
> must not read it and must not use any information contained in it, nor copy
> it, nor inform any person other than Lynx Financial Systems or the
> addressees of its existence or contents.  If you have received this email
> and are not a named addressee, please delete it and notify the Lynx
> Financial Systems IT Department on 0113 2892990.

If the email arrives in your mailbox, and is addressed to your email
address, then you are the addressee. If you face any criminal or civil
liability as a result of your use/misuse of the information contained
within, you could reasonably sue the company for negligence (they did mail
it to you in error in the first place).

Luckily, such disclaimers are legal nonsense - they're unenforceable, as
has been proven in the UK and US in many cases. It's in the same category
as "clickwrap" licenses...

On the subject of virii and off-topicness, I would just like to say that
it is *variety* that makes lists interesting, and as long as the
discussion does eventually return to the subject matter at hand, that's
ok.

Dave
ql.spodmail.com