On 3/6/02 at 1:35 AM Phoebus Dokos wrote:

>>> We will be releasing it soon after, and hope to do a NTSC and PAL
>>> version, in region 1 and 2 versions.

>>Make it regionless - even better.

>Theoretically Thierry's driver SHOULD be able to read it... or at least
>allow access to some other program to read DVDs

If the CSS region stuff can be avoided - IIRC it is not used at all if the
DVD is region 0 i.e. regionless. ANd why bother with NTSC and PAL? It's
really neither when it's encoded on the disc, and if it's a region 0 DVD it
will play on any DVD player - regardless of TC system. The picture might be
a bit smaller depending on the resolution of the original material, and
there may be slight fareme shear due to 50/60 Hz matters, but that's hardly
a real problem.

Nasta