On 26 Mar 2002, at 12:25, Richard Zidlicky wrote:

> as far as I could understand the statements I am not sure whether it is
> allowed to give away SMSQ in binary form (whether or not acompanied by
> sources), can you please clarify this? This might be of great interest
> for HW vendors who want release testing versions for new HW quickly.

No, compiled versions can only be obtained via the official
resellers. HW vendors have to get a licence now, too..

The quick testing of new code is a very valid concern. However,
even on the Q60/Q40, you can LRESPR  SMSQ/E, so testing can
be done extensively before blowing EPROMS.

> Btw anyone who would maintain a mirror of the code on some public CVS
> server?

NO!

> I could do it on Sourceforge but somewhat doubt that they will accept
> this copyright.

Neither would I accept Soundforge.

Wolfgang
www.wlenerz.com