On 8 Apr 2002, at 15:52, Richard Zidlicky wrote:

> don't say it will be open source then - it won't.

True.

> Forget those
> who have seen this as a great chance for SMSQ.

I still see it as such. You can still get the code, you can still make
changes, you can still dustribute your changes in source code form.

> TT was ready to make available his treasure for *free* - and this
> is what comes out. Really pretty.. there was so little missing
> to make this a perfect world. Instead it turns into disaster.

I entirely disagree, of course. This is no "disaster". It is a different
way to distributing it completely "open", yes.

> You may be surprised that I perceive the situation so negative,
> it is because I assume we can hardly expect TT to do any work
> on SMSQ in the future and I am now pretty curious to see who
> who will work for free under this license.

I will, if my "job" as registrar leaves me the time. Perhaps others
will, as well.

Wolfgang