P Witte wrote:
> Is there a standard way to put a job to sleep? I notice that jobs like Qpac
> Files, QD, & al close down their working windows and open a new button-sized
> window on the Button Frame (where available). However the BT_SLEEP utility
> (a Qpac2 Thing) can put any job to sleep.

Just dug out one of the assembler PE programs I wrote (in 1993! Man,
time moves on). It does just use the QPAC2 thing for this job, quite
simple actually. However, and that's the unfortunate part, the name of
the thing got actually translated. Back then my program did try both
"Button_Schlaf" (German) and "button_sleep". I suspect there'll also
be a French alternative.

Most people however seem to use their own routines for putting jobs to
sleep (i.e. don't rely on the thing). Thus I don't suspect there's any
deep hack involved. I've never done this myself, though, maybe others
can elaborate on this (Wolfgang?).

> What other language-dependent bits are there in Qpac2? (eg "system asleep",
> "button frame", etc)

What's "system asleep"? The button frame is still called the same in
German. Mostly the names of the different applications are translated,
e.g. "Files" is "Dateien", "Channels" is "Kanäle" etc.

> Is there any published info on these matters?

No clue.

Marcel