On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 03:40:53PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> In a message dated 23/07/02 19:22:12 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> writes:
>

> > Does anyone know of a version of xchange which contains an ABACUS that works
> > on a Q40 or Q60? If so where does it reside?
> >

> Hmm that is interesting to read... is it just Abacus that fails I wonder??
> May be that it uses one of the commands not supported on 68040+ - certainly
> ok on 68020.  I am not sure, but think Xchange is compiled in C or was it
> re-written in machine code as planned in the early days...

it certainly doesn't use any 68020-only commands, the 68040 supports
all of them except for a few extremely exotic like 'callm' and less
widespread FPU functions. The 68060 has a few commands that must be
emulated in SW but those are still pretty exotic for QDOS programs,
like 32x32->64 multiply, movep, cas2 and a few similar.

Richard