Norman Dunbar wrote:
> I'm sure the problem is quite simple to fix, it's just difficult to track
> down.

Well, the platforms should be quite similar (QPC). The only difference
is the boot up process and the contents of the hard disc, possibly
also QPC settings but I don't expect any problems from there (though
RAM size matters sometimes, you should probably also try to alter the
Country Code to 49 as that is one obvious difference). So what happens
if you don't run any boot program (and load MENU_REXT manually. Which
version of MENU_REXT BTW do you run? It's the little points that often
matter).

> If possible, I'd also like to be able to configure off the 'beep on error'
> noise because I'm getting some wierd looks from my office colleagues at the
> moment :o)

You can configure QPC to be quiet using MenuConfig ;-)

Cheers, Marcel