Do you mean that the many copies I have of SMSQ, if I don't agree
to be bound a a new imposed license, are illegal. That can't be
right, I have bought an item, and must surely be able to continue
using it, while still being entitled to expect it is repaired or
updated under warranty, ( sale of goods acts)
You miss the point here, Mike. All software bought before the new licence started is and always will be legal. You can continue to use it as you see fit. All sales post the new licence are covered by it and anyone who supplies a copy of SMSQ/E for any platform has to be an accredited reseller and pay TT his due.
But, they are selling new versions now.
According to D&Ds post, the 'repair' was minor, to make the item
able to be used for the purpose it was purchased. If the Grafs
have purchased a license to use SMSQ with Q40/60, then surely
they must get SMSQ/E that works with that platform, if not, then
they have been sold something unsuitable for the purpose it was
purchased.
Again a new, patched or fixed version must originate Wolfgang and him alone. As the controlled of the code he will then pass it to the resellers for distribution. Even to change the SMSQ/E string in the config block would be a violation of the licence. No patch or change is minor and all can have repercussions.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch, 20 Locks Hill Portslade. Sussex. BN41 2LB. UK