??? 21/11/2002 6:58:25 ??, ?/? Tony Firshman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ??????:

>Well the action of the I/O lines has to be controlled by the QL driver -
>the pIC has no intelligence re this port - it just works to outside
>instructions.  It should though be trivial if the clock is async.
>The hard part might be the driver - which will need to access TTs mouse
>registers.  Beyond me certainly.

Well a quick hack could take care of that, ie stuff the results into the IPCMOUSE
driver's location ;-) (Who wrote that btw?)

I *REALLY* need to look into the PS/2 mouse specs again... IIRC when I managed
to read the PS/2 mouse via the sH I used the following:

A. Disco'd the keyboard and used the clock from there (same clock signal to a "t"),
Read the Spare I/O and communicated with the mouse just fine... The driver is
beyond me at this point too as most people don't have a clue on what it does and
how it does... hopefully after i examine the SMSQ/E sources I will be in a better
position to tell you.

However I just thought of something. It IS possible, ceteris paribus to modify the
sermouse driver to do the work I would think as all the low level routines are there
and the rest I would guess should be trivial.

More on sync/async PS/2 comms tomorrow...

Also congrats on your ADSL line... (almost) seamless transition from demon to your
machine... liked it :-)

It would certainly be nice to have a mouse with sH LITE, and I will fit
the connector to all future production.

You're telling me? I would kill for one of those when I only had the Aurora (Now I am
up the neck in QLs ;-)

Phoebus