??? 21/11/2002 11:52:37 ??, ?/? Tony Firshman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ??????:

>It should be - but it would be easy to fit an external oscillator as
>there is a spare line.  I must look up the specs.
>Mind you the I/O line is TTL so surely that is OK if the clock can be
>software derived.  Can it work asynchronously?

In principle it's only asynchronous... as it has to wait for the clock to send data...
and the
computer side doesn't receive when it sends clock signals AFAIK... but then again I
have
to look...
I looked up the software clock possibility but I cannot recall why I abandoned it...
on
second thoughts the PIC packs a lot more power than what the QL asks it to do... so
why not? It should work, shouldn't it?

Phoebus