Wolfgang Lenerz makes some magical things to make me read
} On 22 Nov 2002, at 9:25, Jerome Grimbert wrote:
}
} Oh dear, the how_to is wrong. It should not say 'hot_load' but
} 'hot_res'. Corrected now!

Ok, will try again on a fresh image with hot_res this time.

}
} > Reverting to
} >  executable then... - dev8_exe_Make seems to need .35 toolkit, whereas
} >  I only have a modified .36
} I don't think that this makes an error. I compiled it with the modified
} 3.36 runtimes, anyway , so that can't be the problem!

Well, at least when not resident, Make endup with a traditionnal Red Error Window...

}
} >    This might be the source of the problem with dev8_exe_Make that I
} >    have: It stops rather rapidly with an error.
}
} What error/line?

It first did not like EXEP_W (replaced by EW in my first run),
then Q_ERR_OFF .

If (AND ONLY IF) using hot_res doesn't solve that, I will send the merged & renumbered
& kludged program in Wolfgang email box. But that's for monday evening at best.

}
} > Looks like it does not
} >    like Q_ERR_ON and Q_ERR_OFF (I reverted to the basic (uncompiled)
} >    versions). There also seems to be a problem with a subs$ array but
} >    I did not understood that part.
}
} There really shouldn't, because no substitues are used for this. Are
} you sure you're not  simply using the wrong basic procedure
} (q_make_it_full for use with Qmake and make_it_full for use with
} the supplied make?)
}

I can only use "make_it_full".
Also, most of the time (in interpreted mode only so far), it complains about not being
able to open the log file... Probably another issue with my Qmac config ?

If the full config for Qmac was also in the how-to, it would be great.
(ok, you can avoid the window colour and size...)

} I think we'd better get this sorted out - if you have the problem,
} others might have!

I only tried to follow the how-to, then to kludge to advance despite of errors...
At least, it seems to compile... not link in a single image, but compile...

}
} > So, after a merge of make_bas (and a renum) with
} > dev8_smsq_q40_make_bas, I was finally able to compile some files...
}
} Umpf, you really should keep these two separate.
}
} > and a few editing later to comment out some offending lines
}
} which ones?

See above, you might end up with some commented lines from the original...

}
} >, I even
} > get a "Finished" message...
}
} > Then I loaded dev8_smsq_q40_flp_bas (just following the how-to again),
} > and run it.
} >
} > And there come my biggest problem: it seems to need a
} > dev8_qmon_q40_smsq file, ALAS, I did not see any qmon directoty at the
} > root of the source...
}
} No, it doesn't, not if you follow the howto - that tells you to just hit
} enter at the prompt, and in that case, you do not need qmon at all.

The code in dev8_smsq_q40_flp_bas makes no distinction regarding the setting
of qm$. And the execution of the command later on really have qm$ as one of it's
parameters.

Or did I misread the how-to and should be using another flp_bas file for a Q40 ?

} A search with Fifi shows 3 files containing reference to "dev1_"
} none are source files, the make has two references none of which
} should be of any concern here, and there is another basic file in the
} extras subdir.

It's probably ok, but I had
 dev_use 8,win4_
 data_use win4_
 prog_use win4_exe_
and by the end of running "make_it_full" (with that kluged of mine make in basic), I
end up with a win4_dev1_.... (sorry, cannot remember the file name).
Hence I conclude that somewhere, an opening of "dev1_..." was performed.

Probably in some link or control file...

}
} Wolfgang

-- Grimbert Jérôme