On  Tue, 24 Dec 2002 at 20:12:51, Marcel Kilgus wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>Hello everyone,
>
>after some hard work during the last two weeks the new WMAN is
>finally approaching completion. :-)
>Beta versions have been sent out to the tester and for the rest I
>made some snapshots which demonstrate the new system palette thing
>quite nicely I think. The 3 pictures all show exactly the same
>applications with exactly the same configuration, only a different
>colour scheme has been selected during the boot process. For
>comparison, the standard scheme looks, due to compatibility reasons,
>like this:
>http://www.kilgus.net/images/wman-trad.png
>
>The colours scheme I currently use looks like this:
>http://www.kilgus.net/images/wman-cway1.png
>
>And with only a couple of changed values it can look like this:
>http://www.kilgus.net/images/wman-cway2.png
>
>I'm especially proud of the scroll bars by the way. This was not
>exactly easy to do in a compatible way. Especially as I have not much
>clue about how application menu windows really work ;-)
>
>Well, I hope you like what you see. Have a happy holiday and a great
>year 2003 (with hopefully lots of pretty classic and new SMSQ
>applications).
To a non-QPC2 user like me, the changes you made may not be obvious.
How about blowing your own trumpet a little - I am sure we won't mind.

The '3d' shading on boxes is obvious.

Is the 3d effect on scroll bar what you are proud of?

It certainly looks very effective indeed.

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk