Roy Wood wrote:

The software Peter is producing seems too important (...)

Not if it isn't made available.
Ah the voice of reason as always.

This all smacks of 'I'll give you a present if you do what I want'

Huhu, dada. Kindergarten level reached at last, and Roy pulls out the intellectual waterpistol :-) Since the easiest way to escape that game level is the 'unsubscribe' command, I'll just use it hereafter.

I'm well aware that I'm only a small candle in software development, not comparable to the real free software heros like Mark Swift, Jonathan Hudson, Richard Zidlicky and others. Nevertheless I think my offer was necessary, although the chances it would be accepted were small from the start.

Those who think I still had free software ambitions left in Post-Tony-Tebby SMSQ/E (and would therefore 'give a present') are as wrong as can be. As far as I'm personally concerned Wolfgang can keep his license forever - I simply don't care anymore.

One last remark. I've often been misinterpreted in a way that I'd want _everything_ to become free software. This is not so, although I'd probably never want any money for a piece of QL software that I write myself.

All the best
Peter