Oliver, thanks for your two dollars :-)

On Thursday, 2016-09-22 21:43:15 +0200, you wrote:

> You might like commad lines, tools like Hg or make. But most users prefere an
> easy start with a GUI. Nor do most Windows and OS X users really have a
> relation
> to the command line.

I wouldn't say I dislike GUIs, after all QMapShack itself is a GUI as is
Firefox.  But you are perfectly right: in many cases I definitely prefer
more sophisticated tools together with a command line  over not so soph-
isticated GUIs.

> Therefore an encouraging tutorial would start with an easy to follow example
> on how to start a page on the playground.

Again,  I wouldn't say  I dislike tutorials,  but I would  neither say I
like them very much.  In most cases, however, I prefer precise reference
manuals.   And it's my strong belief  that I'm not at all  good at doing
things I do not like very much, as for instance writing tutorials.

So if you like tutorials, I would invite you to supplement my dry write-
up with a lively tutorial.   Of course you are free to use the informat-
ion contained  in my write-up  or to simply ask me  about not so obvious
details of my scripts :-)

Sincerely,
  Rainer