>>> Adam D. McKenna had the thought that... <<<

> From: Jay D. Dyson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> :
> : On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> :
> : > > Not everyone installing Unix/Linux nowadays is an OS guru.
> : >
> : > If they're playing the role of admin, they damn sure should be.  It's
> : > obvious from the beginning that they're not installing windoze 95.
> :
> : Okay, either I'm seriously underestimating my skill set or a lot
> : of other people are seriously overestimating the skill set necessary to
> : install Qmail without inflicting self-injury.
> :
> : Which is it?  I consider myself competent, but by no means a
> : turbo-guru of *nix by any stretch of the imagination.
>
> Anyone who can read and comprehend the documentation and is moderately
> intelligent should be able to install qmail with a minimum of fuss.

I can back this up.  I've been thrown into sys admin duty recently.  I
was able to get qmail+pop3 up in about a day and a half.  I didn't
have a plan.  This was bad.  I just downloaded the src and compiled,
then went searching for the INSTALL file.  Then to qmail.org, the
searched the archive for hours.

> The problem is the people who don't want to read and learn.  This usually
> includes *nix newbies.

Well, now that everything is up and running, I'm scared what will
happen if/when something goes wrong... but then that's why I keep up
with the qmail list ;-)

Pat
--
Code Creation