>As for running an IMAP daemon, i honestly dont see why you would want to
>do that either. You can choose pop or imap, but running both only allows
>you to service a market where people prefer IMAP over POP, which is rare.

Pine users are a notable IMAP market.  Pine believes deeply, devoutly,
in IMAP.  I'm planning to bring up an IMAP server here partly for
Pine, partly so I can check my mail from Eudora on my laptop and see
all of the mailboxes into which procmail has sorted my mail and stay
in sync with Pine when I get home.

>The pop daemon that DJB wrote for maildir works beautifully, is simple,
>fast, secure, and what more can you ask for?

IMAP does a lot more than POP.  I agree that the IMAP people at Washington
have a very bad attitude toward qmail and maildirs, though.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
[EMAIL PROTECTED], Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,