I have a friend which has an Microsoft Exchange Mail server ("main" server)
always connected to the internet, and there are a few (about 10)
other MS-Exchange servers which are connecting directely to the main
mailserver every hour using ISDN-dialin (ppp).

Now, we'd like to replace the NT server with a linux/qmail server, which
will most probably need fewer reboots. Problem : the other client servers
will still use Exchange : will the communication between the systemes
work fine ?

I guess that an Exchange server don't simply use STMP to communicate
with another exchange server. What kind of protocol is it, and is it
possible to emulate it using qmail tools ? I looked on the qmail
homepage and in some other places, and didn't found much details
about that : maybe you know a little bit more ? I'm just looking
for some more docs (url...) and why not qmail/exchange configuration
examples.

Thanks in advance,
Olivier, with soon one more unix server :)

PS: btw, when will the O'Reilly Qmail book be for sale ? :)