Here's a little tool I made to get rid of unwanted mail already delivered
to ~/Maildir/ on the system (most of my 2000+ mail users _aren't_ the
smart ones when it comes to computers). The logic is quite simple:

You notice you're hit by a worm or chain letter or anything. So you set up
filtering, you kill copies already in ~/Maildir/new, you're done.

I'm sure someone did this before, but couldn't find it somehow. Well,
here's my $.02. It's a #!/bin/sh script. You can

[1] scan all ~/Maildir/new, see the list of files with matches and choose
whether delete them (the -n option)

[2] scan all ~/Maildir/new, then see each message which matched, and
decide whether delete it, leave it in /new or move it to /cur so you won't
see it during next search.

It's not meant to replace on-delivery mail filtering, but to supplement it.

Use with care. It works for me. If it works for you, great. If not, you
may hack it as you wish. If you loose your mails, don't blame me, you've
been warned.

ftp://158.195.33.220/pub/qmail/check-mail-src

--
jozef  :-)