> Now, my problem is related to relaying .  I have read "The
> qmail newbie's quide to relaying" which comes with life with
> qmail as a URL.  It states that "qmail's rcpthosts file, which
> gets its name from the RCPT TO command, determines whether the
> recipient will be accepted; it will be accepted if and only if
> the domain of the address given in the RCPT TO command is
> listed in rcpthosts."

        This only affects SMTP relaying.  When you inject mail into the
queue via a local process, that does not involve SMTP relaying.  So if your
web programs call /usr/lib/sendmail (the qmail version) or
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject, then there are no relaying controls; that is a
local user sending mail, and that local user is allowed to send out to
anyone.

> I need to put their domain in my rcphosts file before sending
> them a password.  Is this correct ?? if yes, how to overcome
> this problem??  Any suggestion is helpful.!!!

        No, this is not correct.  For local users/programs sending mail, the
rcpthosts file doesn't come into play.

        If your local user agent is injecting the mail using SMTP, or if you
have a series of web servers using a single mail hub for sending mail, then
you need to add them to the list of hosts allowed to relay.  This is covered
in section 3.2.3 of Life With Qmail.

--
      gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]