I've read the information in the four page printout that covers Quick
Mail Transfer Protocol (QMTP-19970201).

Qmail and Qmtp has been set up on a linux machine.  I can telnet into
port 209 (no problems).

The problem is, while writing a piece of software, I cannot "QMTP" e-
mail to the linux box.  I have and can very easily SMTP'd e-mail.

Does QMTP have a "verbose" setting for troubleshooting? When I send
off the requested 8 bit transmission, I do not receive any response
back.  Obviously this is great for security reasons, but when
developing it has become a problem.

"Why use QMTP?" I've read how much faster it is (and agree with the
concept), and we are migrating our mail servers from an NT
environment to Linux to utilize Linux's power! ;)  The back-end
program will be a windows app, and obviously the QMTP port accessible
only from our network.

I have begun to look that the qmtpd.c (source code), and find out why
it is not working.

Thank you for any help (updated documents and/or code samples).