On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 10:20:28PM -0700, Harry Putnam wrote:
! > local-user@localhost (where localhost is a domain name with an A
! > record to 127.0.0.1---localhost has to be listed in control/locals).
!
! What is an A record?

An A record in DNS maps a domain name to an IPv4 address. If you have
installed djbdns, the dnsip utility can do A record lookups.

[Re: luser]
! Maybe I should just say `local user', but after reading the comments
! at the page you sight several times, and eventhough the first line
! says it means the same as `loser'.  The whole rest of the dialog there
! seems to indicate that in fact it does mean `local user'.

You are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. I won't argue this
further though, since it's off-topic. You're free to pursue this via
private mail, if you want. :-)

        ---Chris K.
--
 Chris, the Young One |_ If you can't afford a backup system, you can't
  Auckland, New Zealand |_ afford to have important data on your computer.