Hi,

I have been using Qmail on Linux for a while. All the mail I send from
Linux seem to get delivered to the destination SMTP server. On my local LAN
I do have non-Linux systems. When I point the email clients the Linux system
as the SMTP server, I am getting the following message:

"An error occured while sending mail: SMTP server error
The server responded
(null)
Contact your mail administrator for assistance"

It looks like qmail-smtpd is dropping the connection. Do I have to make any changes
to the tcp.smtp file? I have had the private LAN subnet in the tcp.smtp file.

127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
192.168.2.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
:allow

Is there anything else that I am missing? I would like to use one local SMTP server
for the Windows and OS/2 systems.

Thank you in advance for any help.
--

Subba Rao
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com