I just implemented rblsmtpd using the MAPS DUL.  I sent a message off to
Russ' testing bot and received the following reply:

======
Testing your DUL block.  See http://www.crynwr.com/spam/ for more info

Could not connect to 216.243.128.132: Connection timed out
Attempting to run traceroute.  If the traceroute fails persistently,
then it's likely that the ISP where it fails is subscribed to the BGP3
version of the RBL, and is blocking RBL'ed hosts at the IP level.  You
should ask if that is indeed what they are doing.  If so, then you do
not need to use DNS blocking of the RBL.
======

My question concerns the "Connection timed out" message.  Does this mean
that it literally was a time out?  Or will it give that message as well
if it receives the 553 from rblsmtpd?  (I'm running it with -b)  We are
not running the BGP version of DUL...  And the attached traceroute
reaches us just fine.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Beuchler                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MAILER-DAEMON                                         (612) 321-9290 x101