On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 11:38:24AM +0000, Greg Cope wrote:
>Hence to improve performance inject should be split up i.e inject 2000,
>wait, inject another 2000.  In the wait times concurrency remote would
>be reached.

I always felt that it wasn't that useful to have the concurrency hit,
until the injection was completed.  It takes time to ramp up and down
from full concurrencyremote.  During this time you're not reaching
full performance for either sending or injection.  Unless you're out
of space on the queue device.

>Any ideas on what a good number to try would be for inject / wait cycle
>?

You don't want your todo to get too big, I'd pause injection when the todo
gets to be a few hundred messages, especially if you aren't using the
big-todo patches.

Sean
--
 Hack the government.