On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 01:00:10AM +0100, Markus Stumpf wrote:
>qmail doesn't use concurrencies to their max as long as there are still
>unprocessed messages in the queue or the deliveries generate a lot of
>bounces.

Giving precidence to processing the todo queue seems like a good idea,
especially if you don't have the big-todo patch applied.

>well administrated and even after the queue has reached a status where
>you have no unprocessed messages at one point the bounces slow down
>qmail quite a lot.

Sounds like a good case for setting up a second qmail, one just for pumping
mail out while another is handling bounces.

>I think a big gain in performance would be to split up the scheduler
>in qmail-send into at least one for remote, one for locals and one
>for sorting in new messages into the remote or local queue.

Maybe some profiling on qmail-send would be appropriate...

Sean
--
 Hack the government.
 VOTE!  November 7, 2000