On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 04:20:19PM +0000, Greg Cope wrote:
>Has anyone any empirical evidence for the speed increases I may expect
>(as opposed to a fast EIDI (ATA 66, 8.5ms seek) or SCSI system (eg 10k,
>5.3 ms seek 25mb/s) ?

10ns is much faster than 5.3ms...  It works, I've done it, it's reasonably
fast, but you still have to worry about things like swamping the todo
and on top of that you may have to worry about filling up your queue
disc.  You can get QMail into a situation where it's completely wedged
until you manually remove some files from the ram disc to give it enough
space to continue delivering mail.

Sean
--
 I never thought I'd live in a country where physical violence would be used
 to disenfranchise voters.  Have you heard about Bush supporters rioting?