"Rod... Whitworth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:12:25 +0100, Markus Stumpf wrote:
> >However there is a addon module available at http://www.qmail.org/ that
> >IMHO does what you want. Search for delayed-mail notifier on qmails
> >website.
>
> Thanks for that pointer. I didn't go looking because I <just knew> it
> wasn't a qmail thing to do!

but do be careful with that code - it will attempt to send
notifications to many mails that you might not want to send
notifications to (mailing lists, bounces, etc.)

On the subject of notifications, it's becoming more of a problem
because of "similar" domains - you should have typed
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" and instead type "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". The
latter doesn't even accept mail deliveries, so it hangs around in the
queue for too long.

In the case of typing "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" instead of
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]", qmail as the sender *will* bounce the mail
quickly, if is told there is no such remote mailbox "jo". Similarly as
the receiver, qmail *will* send a bounce message telling the sender
that there is no such mailbox "jo." Your original email implied that
it didn't (not sure which of those two cases you were specifically
referring to), and that puzzles me.

James.