> >       Now, what I'd like to know is: what happened? I certainly didn't expect
> > to see this in two pieces of software as robust as qmail and Linux, and
> > I usually perform the above operation (stop outgoing mail, do whatever,
> > start qmail-send again) without any problems. I don't think that a queue
> > of just 250 messages is enough to make either qmail or Linux barf. So...
> > what happened?
>
> You may have your concurrency limits set too high for the resources of the
> box.  But you've posted no useful information with your report, so we can
> only guess.

        Well, I asked mostly because I didn't know what the "VM:
do_try_to_free_pages_failed_for qmail-remote" message meant, but since
then I've been informed that it more or less stand for "out of memory".
As for my server, it's a Pentium III with 128 Mb. of memory and 48Mb. of
swap; concurrencylocal is 50 and concurrencyremote is only 16 (and I
have databytes set to around 9Mb.). I find it a bit strange that a queue
of just 250 messages could be enough to crash the box with those
settings...

                                                Paulo Jan.
                                                DDnet.