Jps

From: Ed Weinberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 10:13 AM Subject: Re: Spam Removal

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 17:13:51 -0500, "Jeremy Suo-Anttila"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I have already done this and yes i do have pop b4 smtp setup and running so
>i am not asking about me being a relay as some people on the list think.
>Does anyone know a good how to or site where i can get info on rejecting
all
>mail that is not addressed directly to me or my users ?

Sounds like you have a "default" mailbox set up.  Just remove that
mailbox and make sure each user has a .qmail file and those messages
will be bounce.

As to denying the servers they are using, I have been watching them.
They originate from a different address that traced to .kr or .cn or
some other unfriendly country, so you can't email their provider to
turn them off.

They also relay from a different relay each time.

Every time they start these campaigns I get their spam for a few days,
then every email address on their list gets 10 times the spam for a
while.

I am considering screening out ALL .cn and .kr mailservers.  Is there
an easy way to do that?

Ed Weinberg, Q5 Comm, LLC.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel 914-713-7222