I looked at the new version of "Life with qmail" for the first time today,
so forgive me if this is a little late.  I didn't see anything in the
archive to suggest it had already been talked aobut.

Since the new LWQ sets up svscan to run independently of the qmail control
script, would it not be a wise idea to include a "down" file in each
supervise directory, so that qmail and any other services would not start
up when svscan is run?  That way you would have greater control over when
and in what order the supervised services began during boot-up.

---Kris Kelley