Roland Mathis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What I don't understand why Robin cannot write something like: check the FAQ
> for answers about how to archive all incoming and outgoing mail and second I
> cannot help you if you don't tell me your OS and logging tool.

Because if we did this for every person who sent a message to the list without
reading the FAQ, etc., we wouldn't have time to do anything else.  Besides, it
gets boring sending the same thing to the mailing list twenty times a day.
Yes, it's that bad sometimes.

> it is hard to believe how difficult it is to remind somebody to read
> the FAQ or just to ignore "boring" questions.

The reminder is on the page of Dan's site where it says to do all this
_before_ sending your question to the mailing list.  We can't help it that you
appear to have not followed those instructions.

No bitterness here; just trying to show you _why_ you received the response
you did.

Charles