> I am sending different mails to 20,000 recipients at a time.
> So, each qmail-remote sends a mail to each recipient.
> or am I wrong ????

No, that's more-or-less how it works.

> If in the total 20,000 mails, say 5000 are hotmail, 5000 are
> yahoo and the rest are to other domains. Then, is it possible
> to open a single qmail-remote process and dump all messages
> to be sent to hotmail on one connection and open another
> connection for all yahoo messages ????

Not without alot of patching.

> I guess this speeds up the mail delivery amazingly !!!!

Nope.  It's pretty much a myth.  Maybe you gain a little by opening fewer
connections, but chances are some of them will timeout in the process and
have to start over.  This is covered in the archives, and discussed at some
length in the ezmlm mailing list archives.

--joshua.